Routine & Rituals

My mom had a birthday today.  Part of what I got her was shower gel and face wash.  My 7-year-old niece just loved washing her face with it and planning on what her routine was going to be.  It's funny how animated she was about it.  I wish adults would be as interested in creating a routine.  I especially loved how hard she tried to depress the toner spray bottle, but she just wasn't strong enough.  It was precious and quite possibly something that I'll never forget.   When Rilee comes to my house or goes anywhere with me, she wants to do everything that I do.  She helps fold laundry, always staying right by my side.  She'll reapply sunscreen and especially loves to do the dishes -- two tasks that most people groan about doing (but they're my favorite).  She says that I make it fun.  

I try to make everything fun for myself, and those around me.  I think skincare is the most fun thing to do.  I look forward to washing my face at night.  I have all the cool products and tools.  One of my favorite things to do is teach someone my specific way.  Knowing what, when, and why to do each step can make all the difference in the world.

I love when I hear people use the same language, word choices, and tone.  Skincare is a lifestyle for me.

Comments

Popular Posts