Nostaglic

I've been very nostalgic lately.  Maybe it's a year-end feeling, perhaps it's having to do with Covid still changing how we do everything, maybe it's just because I'm getting older.  I put a three-disc cd player in at the studio and am playing Enya.  It reminds me of "back in the day" when I worked downtown Cincinnati at day spas.  I was young, and salon life was so much fun.  The beauty parlor girls hung out together, and we spent our time working together and doing things on our days off together.  There was so much camaraderie, and it was indeed a team effort.  I've been working on my own since 2007.  It's a different kind of work experience.  Ultimately I prefer it, but I do miss my mates.  

It's crazy that I notice that I use two spaces between sentences still like I'm on a typewriter.  When my daughter would ask me to help her edit a paper, I had such a hard time with the "one space between sentences" concept.

Comments

Popular Posts